Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Valentine's Hefeweizen


The Story:Although I like to think I enjoy almost every style of beer, my wife does not share my love for variety. One style she has never past up is a classic German Hefeweizen. It has become a yearly tradition to brew her a Hefeweizen for Valentine's Day as a small token of thanks for putting up with my brewing obsession. 


The Beer: Cloudy golden yeast filled goodness, aroma of wheat with spicy phenols of clove, banana, and bubblegum, medium mouthfeel with a full texture finishes dry and refreshing.
 
Ingredients: 
Malt: German Pils & Munich, American Wheat
Hops: Tettnanger
Yeast: Hefeweizen (WLP003)
Extras: Honey

Specs: O.G. 1.048, 5.0abv, 13ibu

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Great Pumpkin Porter 2022

A perennial fall favorite in the Zorn house - Pumpkin Ales. The past few years we've been focusing on our "Der Kurbis" version...